Changing my Windows Taskbar to Transparent will make my screen big and attractive!
Is that what you want? Great! This guide will help you get that.
Windows itself has a built-in function to make your screen pretty slick, but there are ways to enhance its transparency up to 100%.
Through this guide, we will let you know How to Make Windows Taskbar Translucent? along with some best third-party apps with amazing build results.
In the context of the same, here is a quick glimpse of all the information you are about to consume
- Built-In Way To Make Transparent Taskbar Rainmeter:
- How To Make Taskbar Transparent Windows 11/10?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Built-In Way To Make Transparent Taskbar Rainmeter:
Windows by default have an option to add or remove taskbar transparency. However, you won’t find it that effective and noticeable. Here’s how to do it-
- First, open your Windows Run box by pressing Windows key + R.
- Then, in the Run box just type: “ms-settings:personalization” and press Enter.
- This will open your system Personalization menu and then select Colors.
- In the popped menu, scroll down for More options. Enable toggling with adjustable settings.
Not even noticeable! No worries, we have some best ways to enhance this transparency, have a look-
How To Make Taskbar Transparent Windows 11/10?
For this, we have two best and highly recommend methods to make transparent title bar Windows 10 and 11, these are-
Method 1: Registry Hack: To Enhance The Taskbar Transparency Up To 100%:-
If you want to enhance your Windows 10 invisible taskbar icons transparency then Registry Editor can help you here. Using this you can change the value of “UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency.”
It’s like a hidden way to achieve Taskbar transparency while opposing the built-in way. The best part is that you will be getting a lot more detailing than the default one.
However, complete transparency can’t be achieved, but it’s undoubtedly better than the built-in option. Surely you must be wondering- Why is this option not in the Settings interface?
Well, we don’t know that, but we know- How to enhance the taskbar transparency via Registry Editor, here’s what you have to do-
- First, press the Windows key + R, this will open up your Windows Run box.
- In the Run box type “regedit” and press Enter. This will open your Registry Editor.
- Now, use your left-hand side pane in the Registry Editor, to navigate the following path- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced.
- In the Advanced folder, choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, present in the right-hand side panel. Name the newly created entry as: UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency.
- Tap twice on UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency and then make the adjustments as Base to Hexadecimal and Value Data to 1.
- Make sure you press OK to save your adjustments and then safely close the Registry Editor.
Wait! it’s not done yet.
You might be thinking: What’s left? To make changes visible you have to make some settings in the Personalize menu too.
Here’s how you can do this-
- Open your Windows Run box.
- After this, type “ms-settings:personalization” and then press the Enter key.
- From the Personalization menu, you need to select the Colors option. It’s present in the left-hand menu.
- Now, scroll down and locate More Options, from the Menu popped enable Transparency effects.
- Make sure to check these boxes-
- Action center
- Title bars
Note: In case you find these boxes already checked then uncheck them and re-check again.
- Lastly, restart your system to see your Windows 10 transparent Start menu. In case you want a bit more transparency than that case go with Method 2 or Method 3, listed below-
Method 2: Translucenttb: To Make Your Taskbar Fully Transparent-
TranslucentTB, among the best user-developed tools to change the Taskbar transparency. Using this tool you can make your Taskbar completely transparent.
No matter if you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 10, it’s accessible in all three.
Note: Before implementing let us clear this, It’s a third-party tool and sometimes third parties won’t work as expected due to improper testing.
But, still, it’s among those best ways to make your taskbar fully transparent. Here’s what you need to do-
- First, you have to download the TranslucentTB zip file from their official website. After downloading it, use an extraction tool such as WinRar or WinZip to extract it.
- Locate the exact folder you extracted the content of the zip file and then double-click on the TranslucentTB.exe.
- After opening it you will notice that your Taskbar is in a translucent state, you need to right-click on the TranslucentTB icon to make it completely translucent (set it to Clear).
Note: Leaving it like this will make this change temporary and every time you have to open the TranslucentTB to get your Taskbar translucent.
But, How to make it permanent? To make this change permanent just right-click on the TranslucentTB in the notification tray. After this, select Open at Boot to make this transparency permanent.
This is how to make the taskbar transparent without activating Windows, If you still feel to have another method as a backup then here it is-
Method 3: TaskbarTools: To Make Your Taskbar Completely Transparent-
TaskbarTools is somewhat similar to TranslucentTB and is again a user-developed tool. It’s surfaced on Reddit and is written in C#.
Here’s how you can make your Taskbar translucent using TaskbarTools-
- Use any unzipping tool like WinZip, WinRar to extract the contents from the downloaded ZIP file.
- Locate the folder where you have stored your extracted TaskbarTool and then click twice on taskbartool.exe content.
- This will open up a pop-up associated with the Taskbar Tools. Now, start adjusting the different accent states and check which stands upon your requirement. have in mind.
Note: To make these changes permanent, open your TaskbarTools and click on the Options button. From the popped list, make sure these checkboxes are enabled-
- Start Minimized
- Apply Settings When Started
- Start with Windows
That’s all about the different ways for how to make Taskbar transparent and centered. Now, have a look at some-
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Hide The Windows Title Bar?
To hide your Windows Title bar you need to go through the below steps-
- First, you need to open your Windows Terminal app.
- From the Windows Terminal, click on the down arrow button located right at the top bar.
- Now, press Settings Ctrl +, a window will pop up. Locate the left pane and click on Appearance.
- As per your need, Turn On or Off to Hide or unhide your title bar.
- Don’t forget to save your changes using the Save button.
- Can You Make Windows 10 Taskbar Transparent?
Yes, it’s quite simple to make your Windows 10 Taskbar Transparent. To do this just fist open your “Windows 10 Settings” tab. It’s present in the header menu of the application. Click on the “Customize Taskbar” option and then change it to “Transparent.”
- How Do I Make My Taskbar 100% Transparent?
To make your Taskbar 100% transparent, you can use any of the below methods-
- Registry Hack
We have already discussed these methods in detail above.
- How Do I Make My Taskbar Color Transparent?
To change your Taskbar color and transparency just open your Settings and from the menu select Personalization option and then Colors. Make the required changes and save them.
- How Do I Make The Taskbar Transparent In Windows 11?
To make your Taskbar transparent in your Windows 11, just try of the methods listed below-
- Get Microsoft TaskbarX
- Get TranslucentTB
- Use the Registry
- Use the Visual effects option
Making your Windows Taskbar translucent is quite trendy and gives an iOS finish. Well, what looks difficult is not actually is, this might be your words after going through our complete guide on how to make Windows Taskbar transparent.
We even listed out some best Windows 10 transparency tools that are free and easy to use.
Hope you find this good read helpful and interesting to read!
Read More: How To Change Voice On Google Maps