Siri is a virtual assistant that is a part of Apple Inc’s, IOS, IPadOS operating system. The assistant uses voice queries, gesture-based control, focus tracking, and a common natural-based language user interface to answer questions that are asked, make recommendations and perform activities by delegating requests to a set of Internet services.
How To Stop Siri From Reading Messages On Air Pods?
Siri is a virtual assistant and therefore the very moment a text message enters, Siri reads it. Now, this feature for some people may seem problematic so there are steps to stop Siri from reading messages on Air pods. The steps are:
- Firstly, one need to open the iPhone Control Centre by swiping down the top right corner of the mobile screen.
- From settings, one need to go to the notification segment.
- There, an option will be there which reads ‘Announce message with Siri’, which one needs to be turned off.
By following this step, one can easily stop Siri from reading messages.
How To Turn Off Siri Reading Texts?
Just like the iPod, there are steps to turn off Siri from reading texts. The steps are:
- Firstly, one need to navigate to the settings option.
- In the settings, there will be a menu called Notification and there is an option named Announce Messages with Siri.
- By switching off this option, one can prevent Siri from reading texts.
How Siri Reading Text?
Being a voice assistant, it is the task of Siri to perform the activity of reading texts aloud, assisting people by answering questions, and so on. Now, there are methods to stop Siri from reading texts as mentioned earlier, but the reason why Siri is being able to read the text messages needs to be known.
The basic idea is that if the speech accessibility option is enabled, it gives Siri the freedom to read out texts. Once, the user disables the speech accessibility feature, the method of Siri reading text messages will be stopped.
How To Stop Siri From Reading Messages On Car Play?
It is very easy to stop Siri from reading messages on car play. Here are the steps to stop Siri from reading messages:
- Firstly, one need to open the home page of the phone.
- From there, one needs to navigate to the settings option and from there, the general menu needs to be selected.
- There will be another option named ‘accessibility’ where one will find a sub menu which states ‘Speak-Auto text option’.
- By turning off the Speak auto text option from the home screen will prevent Siri from reading messages on Car play.
Why Is Siri Reading My Text Messages?
Siri is a virtual voice assistant and therefore the voice accessibility feature remains turned on. It is the feature that leads the assistant server to read the text messages that comes to the mobile server.
This analogy of reading out text is the main protocol of a voice assistant. If one does not want Siri to read out texts, one can disable the voice accessibility feature.
How Do You Get Siri To Stop Reading Texts IOS 14?
There are steps that need to be followed if one wants Siri to stop reading texts in IOS 14. The steps are:
- Firstly, one need to navigate to the settings option of the system.
- After going to the setting option, one need to go the notification sub section and need to click on the ‘Announce Messages with Siri’ option.
- By switching off that voice assistant option, one can easily prevent Siri from reading texts in IOS 14.
How To Reply To Messages Hand-Free?
Siri is one of the most user-friendly voice assistants and if one wants to reply to messages hand-free, firstly the option needs to be activated. Once it gets activated, all one needs to do is to say ‘Hi, Siri!’ and then to say ‘read my text messages.
After Siri reads the text messages, she will ask whether you want to reply. By answering yes or no, one can opt to reply to text messages hand-free. All one needs to do is to speak out the reply and Siri will recognize it and would send it to the messenger.
How Do I Get My I Phone To Stop Reading My Texts Out Loud?
iPhones are provided with voice assistants and that is the reason if it remains activated, it reads out text messages aloud. Now to stop iPhone from reading texts out loud, the only thing that needs to be done is to disable the voice assistant accessible option from the settings. It will stop iPhone from reading messages and texts aloud.
How Can I Change Siri Voice?
One can easily change Siri’s voice if one wants to. Now, to change Siri’s voice the following steps needs to be followed:
- Firstly, one need to navigate to the settings option and click on the ‘Siri and Search’ option.
- Then by clicking on the ‘Siri voice’, one can choose the preferred voice from the list of voices that are available.
Siri is now available in four different voices. The new voice options and features are only available to English speakers, with more varied language options planned for the future.
Can Siri Announce WhatsApp Messages?
Siri is a personal assistant built into iOS. One can ask Siri to read WhatsApp messages, place WhatsApp calls or read aloud the unread WhatsApp messages. So, the answer to the question is yes. Siri can announce WhatsApp messages but one thing needs to be kept in mind. This feature is only available on iOS 10.3 and later.
How To Turn Off Siri Reading Texts On iPhone 11
By simply turning off the voice accessibility feature from the settings option, one can easily stop and prevent Siri from reading text messages aloud on iPhone 11. The procedure to turn off this voice accessibility feature has been mentioned above.
How Do I Turn Off Announce Calls?
There are some steps that one must follow in order to turn off Siri announcing calls. Here’s are the following steps:
- Firstly, one need to navigate to the iPhone setting and need to select the phone option.
- From there, one need to select the call option.
- There, by changing the accessibility feature of announcing calls to never, one can easily stop Siri from announcing calls.
Can Siri Read Notes?
Yes, one can use Siri to start a new note, add words to an existing note and one can also pull up notes based on keywords. So, the answer is undoubted yes, Siri can read notes and Siri is one of the most widely used and user-friendly voice assistants all across the world.
The main purpose of a voice assistant is to provide support and to read out texts and announce incoming phone calls. But there might be some instances when the user wants to disable the feature of reading texts out loud or might need to turn off call notification.
All of the processes and methods are discussed in the above segments. And, if one wants to know more about these features, by reading the above article will surely get some basic ideas.
Also Read: One AirPods Is Louder Than The Other