If you are a gamer and the antivirus program of your computer detects something What Is IDP.Alexa.51 during the installation or after downloading the game, means the files contain the virus.
If you want to know what is IDP.ALEXA.51, let us tell you this is a threat or virus for your computer. It was detected in the year 2016 for the first time. Your antivirus program can detect it during the installation of several flash games like SeaMonkey, Plant vs Zombies, and other games.
Is IDP ALEXA 51 Dangerous?
The IDP ALEXA 51 virus usually gets detected from the .tmp or the .exe files of the flash games you download. It can be found in other files located in your folders like %appdata%, or %temp%.
The antivirus programs such as Avira, Avast, or AVG detect it as malware and can be dangerous and create issues in the affected computers, though sometimes you might get a false positive report.
IDP.ALEXA.51 Avast – What Is It?
What Is IDP.Alexa.51 is the term by which some antivirus programs like Avast detect malicious files in your computer. But reports say that it could also mean a false positive.
If you want to be sure whether your computer is affected by any malware or it is just an IDP.ALEXA.51 Avast false positive, we would like to suggest scanning your computer with other antivirus programs.
This kind of file generally comes with freeware. If you download a file from the internet where you get it for free, you might download these kinds of files along with your file. Sometimes it is not possible to reject the installation of these files as it is part of the main software.
Sometimes it is also possible that the file is really a false positive alert, and this could happen if you are using an outdated version of an antivirus program. Outdated antiviruses cannot always differentiate between the behavior of a real threat and a harmless file as they are not updated to the latest information.
What Is An IDP Virus?
IDP stands for Identity Protection. If a file acts like malware, your antivirus program triggers this flag and alerts you about suspected malware attacks. Sometimes, the IDP virus could be real malware, and sometimes it could be a false positive.
Generally, IDP virus means the antivirus did not identify the suspicious file associated with any particular malware family but identified that it has a suspicious behavior.
You might get alerts of having IDP viruses when you install flash games like SeaMonkey or Plants vs Zombies which will tell you that it contains malicious files in Temp and AppData folders. But if you download the game from legitimate sources, there is a 90% chance of it being a false positive.
What Is IDP.Alexa.51 has a few similarities with other suspicious threats as Trojan. But originally it was not considered as malware, and this is the chance the hackers take. They misuse the IPD.ALEXA.51 for disguising rogue software, ad-supported apps, malicious cyber infections, etc.
How Do I Remove IDP ALEXA 51 Virus?
If the alert is for a real threat and not a false positive, then you must know how to remove IDP.ALEXA.51 from your computer.
If you are sure that it is not anything other than a false positive, then you can add IDP ALEXA 51 to the exclusions list of the antivirus program of your computer.
IDP.ALEXA.51 Windows 10 – How to Remove
Removing IDP ALEXA 51 in Windows 10 computers is quite easy. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to get rid of this malware.
- Restart your computer.
- Click on the Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of your computer screen and click on the Power icon.
- Now hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click on Restart.
- You will see a blue screen written Choose an Option on it after the process completion.
- Click on the Troubleshoot option from the list.
- Now select Advanced options.
- From the list, select Startup Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode with Networking from the list you see on the computer screen.
- Now extract the downloaded file. Double-click on Autorun.exe to run the file.
- Now click on Options and uncheck Hide Windows Entries and Hide Empty Locations.
- Now click the Refresh icon.
- Now check thoroughly the list that Autorun provides you to locate the malware file that you want to remove.
- Now right-click on the file and choose Delete. Alternatively, you can select the file and press the Shift + Delete keys to remove it completely from your computer.
- Now enable hidden files and folders and search for the malware name in your hard drive. Completely delete the file from your computer once you find it.
- Reboot the computer in the normal mode.
- Voila! You have successfully removed the IDP ALEXA 51 malware from your Windows 10 computer.
How To Get Rid Of Alexa Virus? – Windows 7
- In the case of Windows 7, restart your computer and press the F8 button until you get to see the Advanced Boot Options screen. From there, choose the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Once you are done with that, extract the downloaded file and run Autorun.
- Go to Options and uncheck the Hide Windows Entries and Hide Empty Locations.
- Click Refresh.
- Find the malware from the list and delete it completely from your computer.
- Enable hidden files and folders and search for the malware. If found, delete it completely.
- Reboot in normal mode.
Steam could crash while playing a game several times and AVG or Avast antivirus programs could pop up with a message that the game is infected with IDP.ALEXA.51.
If you have downloaded the game from a legitimate source, then it is most likely a false positive report by your antivirus program. Then you have to just add the game as an exception to your antivirus program to get rid of this crash problem.
But if you are not sure whether it is a false positive or a real malware, we will recommend you to delete the malware completely from your computer then adding the game as an exception to your antivirus program.
Because if it is real malware, adding the game as an exception to your antivirus program will prevent the antivirus from taking any actions against the malware, and it will affect your computer entirely.
How To Be Sure Of A False Positive Antivirus Detection?
Some antivirus programs, mostly outdated versions, detects some files as a threat even if it is a false positive. If this happens to you and you are not sure whether it is real malware or a false positive, try to use a secondary security option.
If even the second scan with the secondary security option gives you the same result, try to remove the threat because it is real malware on your computer.
What Is False Positive In Antivirus?
False-positive reports are basically those false detections of antivirus programs. Sometimes, antivirus programs detect even harmless files as malware.
It happens because the antivirus cannot distinguish between the behavior of the harmless files from a known malware that has the same behavior.
Does Windows Defender Detect False Positive?
Yes. False-positive reports can occur in any kind of virus protection system, including Windows Defender. But you can always take the necessary steps to get rid of the inconvenience.
What Is IDP ALEXA 52?
This is similar to IDP ALEXA 51. It could be either a false positive or a real virus. The antivirus system of your computer might detect suspicious behavior of a file and flag it by the names like What Is IDP.Alexa.51, IDP ALEXA 52, IDP ALEXA 53, etc.
Is Idp Alexa A Real Virus?
Sometimes our antivirus programs cannot distinguish between the behaviors of malware and a harmless file due to the similarities in both. So it flags the harmless file as malware and identifies it as an IDP ALEXA virus.
It does not primarily come from a known malware family, but hackers could hide ad-supported files or malware in this kind of file. So be sure whether it is really a false positive by your antivirus program or a real threat to your computer.
To Sum All Up
You might face the What Is IDP.Alexa.51 issue during the installation of playing a game on your computer. Your game might crash several times and the pop-up notifying you about IDP ALEXA 51 might come on your computer screen. It can be a false positive or a real threat.
Do we hope that we have successfully cleared all your queries related to What Is IDP.Alexa.51. We hope you are now capable enough to take the required actions against this issue after going through the article. We wish you all the best of luck with your game. Happy gaming!