If you have bothered with the document file named cefsharp.browsersubprocess.exe on your Windows, this article is for you. Here we will explain what this document is, is it a virus, or should you remove it from your device or not.
In some cases, the cefsharp.browsersubprocess.exe is considered a virus. It eventually may cause harm to high disk, CPU, or memory usage. Now we will guide you through to know the solution for the cefsharp—browsers process. Let’s read the full article.
What Is CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe?
The CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe belongs to the authority of CefSharp itself. The CefSharp is considered as a full-featured embed compliant web browser on your VB.NET application. It would be best if you remembered that a file name .exe extension indicates an executable file. In some cases, it may bring harm to your computer.
Bringing into the concept, this file is not essential for Windows. Instead, it harms the device. You can find this folder on C:\Program Files (x86)”. Sometimes it can be found on C:\Windows—for example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer Services\Razer Central\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer Cortex\Cef\.
However, this file does not belong to Windows. You can not find it easily as it appears as a signature CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe in a signature file.
What Are The Errors That CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe Can Show You
- If the file exists in a subfolder or a user profile folder, it may show a security rating of about 66%, which is considered dangerous. It has 23 types of variants with a size range from 9,728 bytes to 24,916 bytes.
- If the file is found in C:/ subfolder, the Over All Ratings for CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe may come as 42%, which is also dangerous for some reasons. The file size of their variants can be 8,704 bytes, 8,192 bytes, 10,752 bytes, 9,216 bytes or 11,776 bytes. However, 33% of them are only 8,704 bytes. Like others, this is not also a Windows core file. It also appears as a compressed file.
- In case the file belongs to the subfolder or a user document folder, and the security rate may come as 60%, which is dangerous too. In that case, the file size may vary as 8,192 bytes (33% of all occurrences), 15,872 bytes or 6,144 bytes.
- If you find it on the c:/ folder only, then the security rating of 22% is even dangerous for you. In that case, the file size will be 22,400 bytes.
Is CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe A Virus
The CefSharp security rate says if it is a virus and causing harm to your device or not. However, using the task manager, you can know if the file is legitimate for you or not. Here is the process to go through:
- Click on the column field.
- Add their verified singer in one of those column figures.
- Calculate the value if you verify the singer of CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe.
- If it is unable to be verified, then the file is indeed a virus.
Should You Remove CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe
The file only occupies the space in your RAM. But it doesn’t cause errors like PC freezing or disk high CPU usage. However, some of them pretend to be CefSharpBrowserSubprocessand cause severe problems for your PC. But remember, if it is causing issues like high CPU usage, you should immediately remove the file.
How To Remove Or Uninstall CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe
The CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe can cause some errors for your PC. Such as if it stops programming or ends it. Here is the solution for Stopping the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe process below from fixing the errors from your PC. It
- Delete it first: The most effective way to get rid of it is to delete the file. Just stop the programming CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess in task manager and remove the file in explorer immediately.
- Scan your device: The virus may appear as cefsharp.browsersubprocess.exe and eventually leak memory and create other problems there. In that case, you can scan the virus or any threats on Windows 7,8, 10. It not only searches for them but also fixes them.
- Restore your PC:
- Hit the windows start button and type system restore and press enter.
- Open System restore
- Enter the administrator password.
- Find a relevant restore point.
- Restore your computer.
Reinstall Razer Cortex:
- Press on the Windows start button.
- In the search box, type uninstall and press enter.
- Click on add or remove the program.
- Find the entry for razer cortex 126.96.36.1998 and press uninstall.
Q: What is a CefSharp?
CefSharp is a browser sub-process that comes with AOL developed by CefSharp authors software. Sometimes you may find a file named CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe, which is often known as a virus.
Q: Is CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe safe to run?
If it is a virus, then it is not safe to run it. To find the file as legitimate, you can start as a task manager. Click the column field and add the verified signer. If it can make the value, then this is not a virus.
Q: How to check GPU Usage of CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe?
Yes, you can check the GPU Usage of CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe. Here are the steps below:
- Open task manager.
- Look for CefSharp.
- Write BrowserSubprocess.exe in the name column.
- Check GPU usage column.
Q: Is CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe causing High Disk Usage?
If CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe is a virus, then it may cause high-risk damage. Otherwise, it is not harmful. It only occupies 24,916 bytes. You can easily remove it following some simple steps.
Q: Is CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe causing High CPU Usage?
If it acts like a virus, it can pose several risks for your device Windows 7,8, 10. First, you should know if it is a virus or not. If it is a virus, they cause High CPU Usage.
Q: Is CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe causing High Network Usage?
You can find a file named CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe on your device. If it acts like a virus, such as a sudden stop to the program, then it can bring several issues, which also include high network usage.
Read More: One AirPods Is Louder Than The Other